Lake County Virtual School
Eligibility and Enrollment
who enroll in district virtual instruction programs (No. 7023), district
virtual course offerings (No. 7006 must meet at least one of the following
criteria specified in Section 1002.455(2), FS. Determine whether the student
in our test selection has met eligibility requirements as noted
1. The student spent the prior school year in attendance at a public school in the State and was enrolled and reported by a school district for funding during October and February for purposes of the FEFP surveys.
2. The student is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who was transferred within the last 12 months to this State from another state or from a foreign country pursuant to a permanent change of station order.
3. The student was enrolled during the prior school year in a virtual instruction program under
Section 1002.45, FS; or a full-time Florida Virtual School Program under Section 1002.37(8)(a), FS.
4. The student has a sibling who is currently enrolled in a virtual instruction program and the sibling was enrolled in that program at the end of the prior school year.
5. The student was eligible to
enter kindergarten or first grade.
6. The student is eligible to enter grades 2 through 5 and is enrolled full time in a school district virtual instruction program, virtual charter school
Students receive individualized instruction utilizing the internet, e-mail, telephone, instant messaging, online collaboration, and face-to-face teacher forums. The online format allows flexibility of time, and location while promoting the skills, attitude and self discipline necessary to succeed in the 21st century. Lake County Virtual School provides a rigorous curriculum that will prepare every student for college and career.