The Substitute Teacher Application Process is now closed.
It will reopen for the 2016/2017 school year in late July.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Lake County Schools. Substitute Teachers provide a valuable service to our students and schools. They are as-needed employees. Substitute Teachers may decide when and where they would like to work. This works well for people who are pursuing a degree in education, parents with children in school, retirees or anyone looking for flexible employment.
Complete an application for Substitute Teachers by visiting our Employment page (click here). After the application is complete, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: your application must include a minimum of 2 references with a contact number and email address to be considered complete.
Make sure you apply for Substitute Teacher as shown below:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable Transportation
- MUST have access to an Email account and the sub finding system on a laptop, iPad, or computer.
· Must work at least 3 days a month
· Be Physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Substitute Teacher
· Ensure adequate supervision of students and the classroom environment to assure the health, welfare and safety of all students
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and school property
· May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunch room, bus duty, schoolyard, or any other duty assigned to the regular teacher)
*All applicants must have a personal e-mail account or have access to an e-mail account*
Pay Rate for Substitute Teachers
High School Diploma or GED $65.00 per day
AA Degree or 60 College Credits $75.00 per day
BA Degree or Higher $85.00 per day
Current Florida Certified Teacher $95.00 per day