Regular school attendance is essential to good achievement and is the responsibility of the parents and students. You and your parent are also responsible for becoming familiar with, and following, these county attendance policies.
1. Teachers will record and report absences each period of the day.
2. Parents are asked to notify the school by phone the morning of any absent.
3. Absences must be explained to the school in writing by your parent/guardian within FIVE SCHOOL DAYS. Failure to report and explain the absence(s) shall result in unexcused absence(s).
4. The principal has the final authority for determining the acceptability of any reason for being absent. Absences shall be investigated whenever the principal considers it necessary.
6. ABSENCES NOT INCLUDED THOSE LISTED ABOVE SHALL BE UNEXCUSED.
7. Excessive unexcused absences may result in disciplinary action or placement in an existing alternative program.
8. In accordance with Florida Statues, a pupil with five (5) or more UNEXCUSED absences within a grading period will receive a failing grade UNLESS: Medical evidence is presented to the principal in writing justifying a specific number of days absence, absences are for approved school activities, or absences are approved by the principal or designee, and the student demonstrates mastery of the student performance standards in the course as identified in curriculum guides and/or adopted textbook