Dr. Melissa DeJarlais, Supervisor
201 West Burleigh Blvd
Tavares, FL 32778
Main # (352) 253-6650
Thank you for your interest in our Department!
The mission of the Strategic Initiatives and Grant Acquisitions Department is to acquire and align respirces that provide every student with individual opportunities to excel.
Goal: Strategic Initiatives will direct the overall development process for the Strategic Finance Plan by:
- Managing and facilitating the annual SFP cycle
- Coordinating Instructional Priorities and Realignment Opportunities work groups during the SFP cycle
Goal: Grant Acquisitions will promote the priorities and programs of Lake County Schools by facilitating the acquisition of grant funds from public and private sources by:
- Researching, planning, writing and submitting grant proposals that align with the district's Strategic Plan
- Collaborating with appropriate school and community stakeholders on proposal development
- Maintaining and monitoring a database of the district's grants that faciliates progress monitoring and compliance
- Providing grant-related staff development training