Lake County Schools Community Engagement
Engaging parents and community members participating effectively in the life of schools and districts is both complex and vital to the success of the students in the system. Given this challenge, Lake County Schools has developed ways of engaging parents and community members. For example, families are encouraged to participate in all facets of their child's education, while teachers and other personnel are trained in effective practices that support family and community involvement. We develop partnerships with businesses, civic organizations, and other community groups to promote community participation in children's education and to maximize the resources available to support learning.Our programs function as the District’s recognition that the schools and the community must work together to provide quality education.Knowing that community involvement is key to providing high-quality services amidst constant growth and change, the programs cultivate an environment conducive to lasting volunteer relationships and community partnerships.
The purpose of emphasis on LCS Community Engagement is to offer assistance to schools to assure that they:
- Enable school personnel and teachers to meet the needs of students more effectively by providing volunteer assistance.
- Strengthen school-community relations by providing a menu of opportunities and supports for interested family members and community members to participate effectively in school programs.
- Help parents/family and community members learn more about District and school goals and programs by providing volunteer orientations and training.
- Introduce school volunteerism to corporations in order to promote a stake in the success of our students and the future workforce.
- Broaden students’ experiences through interaction with volunteers by providing adult role models to assist the students with tutoring and mentor opportunities.
- Provide enriching intergenerational experiences for students and adults of all ages (including senior citizens) who help educate students about the lifelong process of learning.
- Improve communication between the schools and the communities they serve, building last partnerships with local businesses, civic organizations and families.
The Community Resource and Volunteering Office is responsible for:· Giving