ONLINE APPLICATION INFORMATION & STEPS
· Once you have filled out your application, please contact yourschool(s) of choice and let the volunteer coordinator at that school know that you have completed the online portion of your application. CLICK HERE for a list of school contacts
· In order for us to conduct a proper background check, a social security number is required during the application process
· All applicants who are interested in a Level 2 status must complete a background check with our office
All persons wishing to become a Volunteer for Lake County Schools must have an application and background clearance on record before volunteering. Criminal Background screening is done every 3 years. Click the link below to complete the online volunteer application. Notice of use of Social Secuirty numbers: a) Background/Employment as required by Florida State Statute 1012.56; b) verification of identity.
Volunteer Level 1 and Level 2
Depending on the need(s) at a school or function, a volunteer may be designated as a Level 1 volunteer or Level 2 volunteer.
Level I Volunteers
FDLE background clearance required.Duties assigned within the presence of a LCS employee may include, but not be limited to: chaperoning daytime group field trips, being a helper in a classroom or at a school site, or being a helper in a department.If you have questions about your volunteer application, please contact the school which you wish to volunteer at and ask for the volunteer coordinator at that school.
Level II Volunteers
Fingerprinting is required to conduct a State and National background clearance.
Duties as assigned outside the immediate presence of a LCS employee such as, but not limited to, chaperoning, overnight field trips, mentoring, and volunteer coaches. Level II volunteers will be notified via email if fingerprint registration is necessary.HOW TO BECOME A LAKE COUNTY SCHOOL VOLUNTEER
1. Complete an online application CLICK HERE
**Note: If you have completed an employment application, you will need to create a new User ID and Password**
2. Contact your school of choice and let the school know you have completed your online volunteer application so they may submit your name.
**Your application will not enter the next stage of the process without having your name submitted by a school**
3. You will receive an email from the district regarding your application and volunteer level.
**Note: If you have not received an email, log on to your online volunteer application and click the email history tab to obtain the email.**
4. Log on to your online volunteer application for status approval OR contact your school of choice.
Click here if you have questions about the online volunteer application: OnlineApplication@lake.k12.fl.us