Temporary PositionsTemporary positions with the District may be available at various times throughout the school year. These include:
Steps to Applying and Becoming Hired For These Positions
- Adjunct Virtual School Instructors
- Adult Ed Part-time Instructors
- Lay Coaches
- Professional Tutors
- Substitutes-Bus Drivers/Bus Monitors/Food Service/Custodial
- Complete the online Instructional application and apply for the desired temporary position.
- Once you have been offered the position, you will be contacted by Human Resources and receive an e-mail with instructions to schedule your Fingerprint appointment online. Register and pay the fingerprint fee online. Print out or write down the Confirmation number and bring with you to your scheduled appointment. During this appointment you will also meet with an HR Specialist and Certification Specialist.
- Print the New Hire packet, W-4, and I-9 forms. Bring the COMPLETED forms with you to your scheduled fingerprint appointment.
New Hire Packet
FRS Certification (Caregivers Only)
IRS Form W-4
USCIS Form I-9
Forms to be Reviewed Only
New Hire Documents
Bencor FICA Alternative Plan
Principles of Professional Conduct
Skyward Employee Access
Data Network Acceptable Use Policy
- Bring a check/money order for $10.00 for the Drug Test fee. The check/money order can be made payable to Lake County Schools.
- For Adjunct Virtual School Instructors and Professional Tutors, you need to provide HR with official transcripts. Bring them with you to your scheduled fingerprint appointment or have your University send them directly to:
Lake County Schools
Attention: Human Resources
201 West Burleigh Blvd.
Tavares, FL 32778