2016-17 Survey Results
During the month of November 2016, the Safe Schools Department reached out to parents to complete a Bullying and Harassment Parent Survey. The purpose of the survey was to obtain parent feedback on their knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding Bullying and Harassment as it related to Lake County Schools.
The feedback provided the District with insight and considerations in order to plan for the 2017-18 school year.
Based on the 428 parents that responded to the survey, some of the results include:
- 86% of parents reviewed Lake County Schools' Code of Student Conduct & Policy Guide with their child
- 19% of parents was extremely knowledgeable of Florida Statute 1006.147
- 12% of parents was extremely knowledgeable of School Board Policy 5.33
- 32% of parents was extremely knowledgeable of the definition of bullying as defined in the Code of Student Conduct & Policy Guide
- 42% of parents was extremely knowledgeable of the different types of bullying
- 42% of parents are familiar with the school's intake process for reporting incidents of bullying or harassment
- 47% of parents said their child's school shared information about bully prevention programs and policies
- 30% of parents believe bullying is a big problem at their child's school
- 21% of parents believe their child's school is a very safe place for their child to learn
- 56% of parents said that their child shared with them that they were bullied at school within the last year
- 26% of parents said that their child has stayed away from school to avoid being bullied
- 47% of parents said that they would be interested in attending a face-to-face learning opportunity about bullying and harassment
Click here to review all of the results of the survey.