- CareHere Connect
- Staying Hydrated
- COVID 19 Exposure
- Using your FSA or HSA
- Filling a prescription without leaving home
- Employee Assistance Program
- Intermittent Fasting
- Weigh to Wellness
- Fitness Centers
CareHere Connect is here. Easy to Understand--Helps you focus on achievable goals--Connects you to a certified health coach!
Work through at your own pace! Read an informational pamphlet, watch a video, take a quiz and make your appointment with a health coach to review your next steps!
� HSA-qualified health plans can now cover telehealth and other remote care service expenses below the HDHP statutory deductible limit, or at no or low-cost sharing, without affecting an account holders ability to continue contributing to their HSA. This provision will last until December 31, 2021.
� Over-the-counter drugs and medicines can be paid for or reimbursed through an FSA or HSA without a doctors prescription.
� Menstrual care products are now considered a qualified medical expense and are eligible for payment or reimbursement through an FSA or HSA. All expenses incurred after December 31, 2019 qualify, and the provision has no expiration date.
Did You Know…..
Employees and their dependents who are actively covered under the Lake County Schools Medical Insurance Plan can REFILL PRESCRIPTIONS using the TeleVisit option or can call to schedule a TeleVisit appointment with CareHere.
1) Schedule a TeleVisit by logging into your CareHere portal at www.CareHere.com
- Click Make A Medical Appointment
- Enter “Televisit” and your contact phone number in the Reason for Visit section. (Make sure not to ignore the unknown number when CareHere calls you).
- You will speak to your provider via a telephone call. Video services are not available at this time.
2) Call CareHere at 877-423-1330 to schedule your appointment. Make sure to tell them you are requesting a “Televisit”.
3) Via the CareHere App. Search CareHere in your App Store to download. If you have already registered, you can simply log in, otherwise create your account. Access Code: FCSD3
You will have several options to pick up your available medication:
- Pick up in person at the CareHere facility (Outside pick up is available)
- At your local Pharmacy
- Mail Order
Remember, if you choose to utilize your local pharmacy or mail order the normal copays will apply.
In addition to prescription refills, CareHere will continue to offer both on-site and TeleVisit appointments to provide care for our patients with chronic and acute illness.
Go to CareHere.com/coronavirus for the most up to date patient-facing information on COVID-19.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: MARCH 20, 2020
Due to global testing supply shortages, the availability of COVID-19 testing at our health centers will
be limited. By directive of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), testing supplies and protective equipment are being sent to areas with increased rates of infection. CareHere will continue to test for COVID-19 at select locations as long as current supplies last. While CareHere intended to provide COVID-19 testing at all sites, lack of testing supplies will prevent us from moving forward at this time.
• CareHere will work to assist our high-risk and symptomatic patients to locate alternate COVID-19
• CareHere will offer on-site testing at our health centers when supplies are available.
• Per CDC recommendations, CareHere has activated TeleVisits for patients with coronavirus symptoms.
Patients with symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough, should not enter the health center. These patients should schedule a TeleVisit. This CDC directive protects you, other patients and healthcare professionals. These CDC guidelines prevent contamination and potential closure of the health center.
1. Schedule a TeleVisit:
a. Make a Medical appointment
b. Enter ‘TeleVisit’ and contact number in the Reason for Visit section
(Be sure not to ignore the unknown number when CareHere calls you)
2. During your TeleVisit, the need for testing and in-person clinical care will be determined. Patients can also schedule a TeleVisit by calling 877.423.1330, but could be subject to longer than normal wait times due to the volume created by the coronavirus.
Did you know you can receive up to 5 counseling sessions for free?!
Whenever you’re thinking “I’m in this alone” or “I just need to vent,” take comfort. There’s a whole support system out there through the Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program or EAP is a no cost resource to you and all household family members including dependents up to age 26 whether or not they live at home. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Is eating within a window of time good for your waistline? Take a look at the HealthMatters Newsletter, highlighting educational information to help you on your journey toward a healthier life. View Printable Newsletter
Did you know CareHere offers a Weigh to Wellness program for Lake County Schools employees who are covered under the Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plan.
Healthy weight management is a lifetime commitment. This 12-month program gives you time to develop a plan that you can stick with when times are easy and when times are tough.
· On-going support keeps you focused as you develop habits to navigate the ups and downs of life.
· 34 coaching sessions on nutrition, activity, stress, self-care and behavior change.
· Health assessment every three months to see how your health may have changed and celebrate your progress.
How Do I Get Started?
1. Complete an Annual Health Assessment (AHA) and follow-up appointment with your CareHere provider and let them know you are interested.
2. Review the program and expectations with a CareHere Certified Health Coach and decide if you want to enroll in this program.
3. Schedule your first CareHere Weigh to Wellness call with a Health Coach and begin.
READY? SCHEDULE ANYWHERE
877.423.1330 | CareHere.com | CareHere App
LCS EMPLOYEES: FOCUS ON YOUR FITNESS
Did you know that as a Lake County Schools employee enrolled in our Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plan, you can use multiple gyms for only one $29 membership fee?
Start working out and save money now with Fitness Your Way, your fitness benefit brought to you through your health plan. For a limited time, you can join Fitness Your Way with no enrollment fee. That's a $29 value. Your membership gives you access to 10,000+ fitness locations where you live, work and travel nationwide for only $29 a month. Plus, enjoy discounts on healthy living products and services at thousands of well-being specialists. Sign up now and start working on your fitness goals!
The enrollment fee is being waived through Feb. 29, so enroll now to save money. Learn more HERE.
On Wednesdays, we will highlight parts of our employee benefits plans that are designed to promote wellness.
Look for the information on the intranet and on our social media pages with the hashtag #LCSWellnessWednesday.
Then, take the next step. Use the benefits and improve your health and wellness!