Searching for your next destination? Explore your options with us.
- Up to 26 years of salary credit given
- Supplemental pay for advanced degrees, critical shortage areas, leadership roles, and Title I schools
- CareHere Wellness Center provides primary care services and most prescriptions at NO COST to covered employees
- Choice of 10 1/2 month or 12 month pay
- School Choice for dependents
- Supportive teacher mentors
- Close proximity to Orlando (under an hour)
- Staff development Opportunities
- Centralized location- easy access to both coasts and theme parks
- Hometown feeling with city amenities
- Strong family oriented communities
- No state income tax
- Pension plans and investment plans available
- Variety of employee insurance offerings
BECOME A TEACHER INFORMATION SESSION
PART I: HOW TO BECOME CERTIFIED
Who Should Attend?
· Future educators
· Individuals with a statement of eligibility
· Anyone interested in teaching in Lake County
What to expect?
· Join us for an in-depth discussion about the different pathways to become a teacher in Florida.
· Find out what resources are available
- Discover what support Lake provides for new teachers
- Representatives from Human Resources, certification and Professional Development will be available for additional assistance.
- Light refreshments will be provided at each session.
Attendees with a degree
· Attendees with bachelor’s degrees or higher will have the chance to chat one-on-one with educator preparation institutes and certification.
Attendees without a degree
· This unique opportunity will allow for those with high school diplomas, college credits or associate degrees to talk directly with representatives from local colleges and universities about their education programs.
*Seating is limited and registration is required to attend. Can't make this event? Attend our online Become A Teacher session by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/38zIyuD
There are no other events schedule at this time. Feel free to send your email address to the recruiter through our chat bot on the main page to be added to our contact list.
How to Become Eligible to Be Hired as a Teacher
- Complete an approved education program or
- Meet eligibility requirements for a Florida Educator's Certificate
- For more information about obtaining certification, visit the Department of Education's website at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert.
- You must be a citizen of the United States or be legally employable in the United States.
- View our flowchart on the path to teaching https://create.piktochart.com/output/25200944-path-to-cert
- Attend our Become a Teacher Information sessions for additional support. RSVP for an invite to the next event https://forms.gle/PwPUPbhu99paqdts5