How We Communicate
We offer a variety of ways for you to stay informed about what's happening at Lake County Schools:
- Press Releases: We share the latest school and district news items with local media and post the information on the News page of our website.
- Videos: Video recordings of School Board workshops and meetings are posted on our website under the "School Board" tab. We also offer live-streaming of those events. Additionally, we share "District Spotlight" videos highlighting the creativity in our classrooms and among our staff. Those can be found under hte "Our District" tab.
- Facebook: "Like" us on Facebook, keyword @lakeschools
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter @lakeschools
- School Messenger: Receive important information in recorded phone messages. Make sure your contact information is up to date.
- Peachjar: Receive flyers electronically directly to your smartphone, tablet or computer via email through this web app.
- Family Access: Families that sign up for Family Access can view important documents posted by schools and administrators through the parent portal. Sign up through your child's school.
- Board Docs: Supporting documents for School Board meetings are posted on Board Docs under the "School Board" tab.
Please direct your media inquiries to
Sherri Owens, Communications Officer
352-253-6522 – office
352-267-2104 – cell
Lake County Schools offers speakers for meetings held by businesses, community groups and organizations that want to learn more about the general workings of the district or specific areas of interest. LCS speakers will be subject area experts on the topic of your choosing, School Board members, the superintendent or one of her senior staff, depending on availability. To request a speaker, contact Sherri Owens, Communications Officer, at OwensS@lake.k12.fl.us or 352-253-6522.