All requests for personnel files and other public records are subject to the Florida State Statute Chapter 119.
The custodian of personnel records for Lake County Schools is the Director of Human Resource Services.
Michele Hoppenstedt, HoppenstedtM@lake.k12.fl.us
The Communications Officer serves as the public information liaison between the school district and the community at large.
Sherri Owens, OwensS@lake.k12.fl.us
- Requests for personnel and other public records may be made in person, over the telephone, or in writing.
- Copies of public records shall be furnished upon payment of fees prescribed by Florida State Statute, Section 119.07. The fees are as follows:
- $0.15 per single-sided copy
- $0.20 per double-sided copy
- $1.00 per each page of a certified document
- $5.00 per video or audio disc furnished by the district
Records may be inspected on site under reasonable conditions during normal office hours, and under the supervision of the custodian of the records or his or her designee.
If the nature or volume of public records requested to be inspected or copied is such as to require extensive use of information technology or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel, a service charge will be imposed. For purposes of this rule, “extensive” means that it will take more than 15 minutes to identify, locate, compile, review, copy and re-file the requested record. The service charge shall be computed to the nearest quarter hour exceeding 15 minutes based on the current rate of pay of the District employee(s) and/or supervisor who perform these services. (LCS Policy 3.51)
Due to the size of some records, the time to gather the information will vary. Please allow at least 48 hours of preparation time.
Employees will be notified of the request to review their personnel records.