Bus Transportation Information
The parent address look-up link below will provide bus stop locations and times. If you have any further questions please call Transportation at 352-536-8070 Thank you.
Fee-Based Transportation Application(FOR STUDENTS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION)
School/Parent completes student information portion and faxes to Transportation (352-536-8099). Transportation verifies seat availability and faxes back to school contact person. School obtains parent's signature and collects payment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Who is eligible to receive school bus transportation to and from school?
A: The eligibility of students to receive school transportation services has been defined in Florida Statutes Section 1006.21, to include the following:
- Pre-kindergarten disability programs and kindergarten through grade 12 students whose homes are more than a reasonable walking distance, from the nearest appropriate school. A reasonable walking distance for a student is defined by the Florida Department of Education Administrative Code as; “any distance not more than two (2) miles between the home and the school or one and one half (1-1/2) miles between the home and the assigned bus stop”.
- Pre-kindergarten through grade 12 students with special needs or disabilities, regardless of the distance from home to school.
- All students enrolled in a Teenage Parent Program and the registered children of such students.
- Elementary age children who live within two miles of their assigned elementary school and who are subject to hazardous walking conditions as defined in Section 1006.23.
- Students in elementary grades or those enrolled in a District-Operated K-8 school residing (1) mile or more will be provided transportation, excluding magnet programs.