Coronavirus Update from Lake County Schools - 2/27/2020
Lake County Schools (LCS) has no confirmed cases of coronavirus among students or staff.
Our focus, at this time, is on preventive measures as outlined by the CDC:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place it immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We urge families to follow the CDC's information for travel, and please notify your child's principal if any member of your household has been to China or South Korea -- both are on the CDC's Warning Level 3 traveler's list -- and recently returned to our community. Out of an abundance of caution, we ask that these children wait for the 14-day incubation period, beginning the day of return to the U.S., to expire before returning to school.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our students and staff safe. More information on the coronavirus is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus. Visit the site frequently for the latest updates.