By enrolling in home education, the parent/guardian is assuming all educational responsibilities regardless of the mechanism used to educate their child. This includes curriculum, books, technology and/or virtual program(s).
- Upon deciding to establish and maintain a home education program for your child in our state, the parent/guardian will be governed by Florida Statute 1002.41.
- For high school students, you may want your child to be affiliated with a school or agency that issues grades, credits and diplomas.
Students enrolled in Home Education do not receive a high school diploma or certificate of completion from our office.
"How do I register my child as a home education student?"
1. Withdraw your student(s) from the former school.
The process for withdrawing a student from a Lake County Public School can be found under the 'Information' tab of the school's website.
2. Locate and secure your preferred curriculum.
3. Send in your Letter of Intent or complete the convenient Online Registration Form.
An electronic confirmation of home education enrollment is provided to families that opt to provide their email address.
Click on the link below for important information regarding the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), the Florida End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments and Industry Certifications as provided by the Lake County School District to Home Education students.
Though they are not required assessments for home education students, they do meet the requirements for the annual home education evaluation required per F.S. 1002.41.