Lake County Schools - School Improvement and Turnaround provides leadership, guidance, and support with respect to school improvement processes, implementation of standards, professional learning, delivery of research-based instructional strategies, practices, and the development of aligned school-based systems.
We support district schools and collaborate with the FLDOE Bureau of School Improvement to support continuous improvement and improved outcomes for all students by:
- Providing monitoring and support to low-performing schools
- Building positive relationships, effective communication, and a growth mindset among all stakeholders
- Supporting an equitable learning environment focused on improving student outcomes and closing the achievement gap
- Coaching for standards-aligned learning and evidence-based interventions
- Utilizing various data for purposeful planning and problem-solving
The School Improvement Process is a continuous process that requires schools to analyze data, create a plan, and monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of the plan as it relates to improved student achievement. The purpose of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) is to improve the quality of teaching and learning, resulting in greater student achievement.
For public access to current and prior years of School Improvement Plans that are published each year, please visit the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of School Improvement CIMS public access webpage at https://www.floridacims.org/cms