Para Professional Testing
Amy Cockcroft, Executive Director
Para Pro Testing
To register for the ParaPro test, please email LRCRegistration@lake.k12.fl.us . Type “ParaPro Testing” in the subject. Please include your name, contact information, school (if known), and testing date and time you wish to attend. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours.
We are following CDC guidelines for administration of this test. We request that masks are worn during the registration process. We limit the number of testing slots to maintain a distance of 6 feet between testers and during the registration process. The computer stations are sanitized prior to test day for your safety.
Testing Dates: (please arrive by 8:45am)
|July 14, 2021|
|August 18, 2021|
|September 22, 2021|
|October 27, 2021|
|December 8, 2021|
|January 12, 2022|
|February 16, 2022|
|March 30, 2022|
|May 4, 2022|
|June 8, 2022|
Downloadable Study guide: ParaPro Assessment Study Guide. (Praxis Study Companion)
(Read online, or download and print)
For general information for the ParaPro assessment, please contact: Misi Isbill
- Please register for the test in advance as space is limited. Please call to cancel if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Cost is $55 on credit card only. Parapro Testing can only be paid with Credit Card:
NO DEBIT Cards Or Prepaid Cards. Pay at time of exam.
- Photo ID (example: driver's license) is required.
- Retakes are $55 each time.
- Passing “scaled” score is 464 out of 480 points. Three areas are tested: Reading, Math & Writing with 30 questions in each area.
- Applicants will receive an “unofficial” score on the day of exam that may be used for school interviews. Applicants who do not pass may retake the test in 30 days.
- The “official” score report is mailed directly from ETS to the applicant within a few weeks.
- Replacement cost for a lost report is $55 and can be obtained through the Educational Testing Service.
- Exam is administered by Educational Testing Service online and is in English only.
- Lake County is not designated as a paper/pencil testing site. If you are interested in taking the paper/pencil test, please contact Marion or Osceola school districts for further information.
- Exam location is at the Learning Resource Center (address is above).
- Assessment dates are scheduled by LCS Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA) Department as needed.
Para-to-Teacher Support Program
Attention: There is a special program for Para Professionals who wish to obtain a degree in Teaching with tuition support.
The Para-to-Teacher Support Program provides financial assistance for paraprofessionals who are currently working in Florida’s public schools, to earn a bachelor’s degree in special education, deaf education, or visual disabilities. The program will provide up to $700 per course for tuition support through annual funding from the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services. Upon completion of the program, the participant agrees to teach students with disabilities in a Florida public school.
In order to be accepted into the Para-to-Teacher Support Program, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- earned at least an Associate of Arts degree with an overall 2.5 GPA
- be admitted to a teacher preparation program at one of the state approved colleges or universities
- currently be employed as a paraprofessional in a Florida public school and assisting students with disabilities
Applicants must submit a complete application to the state Para-to-Teacher Project Director. Additionally, the participant must pass all portions of the General Knowledge Test by the end of the first semester of admittance to the program (unless otherwise specified by the participating institution of higher education).
Links to colleges and universities offering special education degrees can be accessed under the Educator Preparation tab. Additional resources can be found under the Educator Resources tab. For questions regarding the Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program, contact Dr. Keri Haley by email at email@example.com or by phone at 850-474-3460.
For more information and application please click on the link: Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program