2019-2020 School Year VPK Registration Process
A new law extends VPK eligibility for 4 year-olds with birthdays from February 2 through September 1 in a calendar year. Parents can enroll their child in the state’s free, voluntary prekindergarten (VPK) education program that year OR wait until the following year when their child is 5.
Parents, now is the time for you to make that decision. Once your child begins the program (even if it is one day), they cannot be withdrawn and allowed to delay their start until the next year.
1. Applications are available on the Lake County Schools website as well as at each elementary school that provides the VPK program. A hardcopy of the application is required and must be turned into your zoned school no earlier than March 27, 2019. Please contact the school below for registration times. We will not accept the Certificates of Eligibility until after you have been notified of placement.*
The State of Florida provides 540 hours for the school year VPK program. Lake County Schools will offer this program either 3 hours per day for 180 days (full school year) or a full school day for one semester (1/2 year or 90 days). Title I schools will provide the full day, full year services for eligible children. The VPK Economic Eligibility Application Form must be completed and attached to the LCS VPK Application to assist in determining Title I eligibility. This economic eligibility application is not applicable for non-Title I classes.
Individual schools will determine class list from applications received. Parents will be notified of placement by April 5, 2019.
Participating Schools List: NOTE – These locations are subject to change, please revisit this site prior to registration.
|School||Phone||Title I||Semester||Half day|
|Beverly Shores Elementary||352-787-4175||X|
|Eustis Heights Elementary||352-357-2447||X|
|Grassy Lake Elementary||352-242-0313||X|
|Lost Lake Elementary||352-243-2433||X|
|Mascotte Charter Elementary||352-429-2294||X||X|
|Pine Ridge Elementary||352-242-2223||X|
|Rimes Early Learning Center||352-787-5757||XX||XX|
|Sawgrass Bay Elementary||352-243-1845||X|
|Seminole Springs Elementary||352-589-1117||X|
|Spring Creek Charter Elementary||352-669-3275||X||X|
If you are interested in Minneola Elementary (352-394-2600 ext. 5018) or Round Lake Elementary (352-385-4399), please call them directly for their procedures.
Lake County VPK Providers (both public and private)
2. Obtain a VPK Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition of Lake County. See side bar for obtaining this certificate or visit the Florida Office of Early Learning website.
3. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility to the school once you’ve been notified of placement. They will not be accepted at registration. All certificates must be received at the school by April 26, 2019 in order to maintain your place on the class list. You may obtain a certificate and present it to the school after this date only if there is space available and you have a confirmed spot for your child.
4. Complete the registration process at your child's school. "What documentation do I need to register with the school?"
5. Attend mandatory orientation at your child's school. Your child's teacher will notify you regarding the date and time of this meeting.
*If you register your student any time after April 22 you will have one week to submit your VPK application and voucher to the school. If you are having issues with the on-line voucher application process, please contact your school’s VPK point person as they will be able to tell you where you can go for assistance if you do not live near the Early Learning Coalition of Lake County’s office. The VPK application is also a required registration document that needs to be submitted to the school. This document is not able to be completed on-line at this time. You will need to print the form, complete it and submit to the school. Your child will not be able to start without these forms.*