2020-2021 School Year VPK Registration Process
THE 20-21 VPK Registration is cancelled at this time. A new date will be determined as soon as our schools are back open.
A new law extends VPK eligibility for 4 year-olds with birthdays from February 2 through September 1 in a calendar year. Parents can enroll their child in the state’s free, voluntary prekindergarten (VPK) education program that year OR wait until the following year when their child is 5.
Parents, now is the time for you to make that decision. Once your child begins the program (even if it is one day), they cannot be withdrawn and allowed to delay their start until the next year.
1. Applications are available on the Lake County Schools website. A hardcopy of the application is required and must be turned into your zoned school no earlier than the rescheduled registration date. Registration times are to be determined. We will not accept the Certificates of Eligibility until after you have been notified of placement.*
The State of Florida provides 540 hours for the school year VPK program. Lake County Schools will offer this program either 3 hours per day for 180 days (full school year) or a full school day for one semester (1/2 year or 90 days). Title I schools will provide the full day, full year services for eligible children. The VPK Economic Eligibility Application Form must be completed and attached to the LCS VPK Application to assist in determining Title I eligibility. This economic eligibility application is not applicable for non-Title I classes.
Individual schools will determine class list from applications received. Parents will be notified of placement by deadline date is TBD.
Participating Schools List: NOTE – These locations are subject to change, please revisit this site prior to registration.
|School||Phone Number||Title I||Semester||Half Day||Blended Semester|
|Beverly Shores Elementary||352-787-4175||X|
|Eustis Heights Elementary||352-357-2447||X|
|Grassy Lake Elementary||352-242-0313||X|
|Lost Lake Elementary||352-243-2433||X|
|Pine Ridge Elementary||352-242-2223||X|
|Rimes Early Learning & Literacy Center||352-787-5757||XX||XX|
|Sawgrass Bay Elementary||352-243-1845||X|
|Seminole Springs Elementary||352-589-1117||X|
|The Villages Elementary||352-751-0111||X|
If you are interested in Mascotte Elementary (352-429-2294), Minneola Elementary (352-394-2600 ext. 5018), Round Lake Elementary (352-385-4399) or Spring Creek Charter Elementary (352-669-3275), please call them directly for their procedures.
Lake County VPK Providers (both public and private)
2. Obtain a VPK Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition of Lake County. See side bar for obtaining this certificate or visit the Florida Office of Early Learning website.
3. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility to the school once you’ve been notified of placement. They will not be accepted at registration. All certificates must be received at the school by deadline date TBD* in order to maintain your place on the class list. You may obtain a certificate and present it to the school after this date only if there is space available and you have a confirmed spot for your child.
4. Complete the registration process at your child's school. "What documentation do I need to register with the school?"
5. Attend mandatory orientation at your child's school. Your child's teacher will notify you regarding the date and time of this meeting.
*If you register your student any time after date TBD you will have one week to submit your VPK application and voucher to the school. If you are having issues with the on-line voucher application process, please contact your school’s VPK point person as they will be able to tell you where you can go for assistance if you do not live near the Early Learning Coalition of Lake County’s office. The VPK application is also a required registration document that needs to be submitted to the school. This document is not able to be completed on-line at this time. You will need to print the form, complete it and submit to the school. Your child will not be able to start without these forms.*