2020 Summer VPK
Registration for the 2020 Summer VPK program is not available at this time. A new date will be determined as soon as our schools are back open. The paperwork will also be made available at that time.
Is my child eligible for 2020 Summer VPK
Your child must have turned 4 years old either on or before September 1, 2019 and must not have used more than 53 hours during the 2019-2020 School Year VPK Program in order to be eligible to participate in the Summer VPK. All eligible children, per parent request, will be served in the Summer VPK program.
Summer VPK Registration Procedures:
1. Complete a Lake County Schools Summer VPK Site Selection Form.
The summer site selection form (available in both English and Spanish) for Summer 2020 are not available at this time.
2. Obtain a Summer VPK Certificate of Eligibility. These certificates (when they are available) are issued on-line only through the Office of Early Learning. Un-used vouchers for the regular school year program can NOT be used for Summer VPK. Should you need assistance or do not have access to a computer and scanner, you can obtain your voucher by visiting the Early Learning Coalition located at: 1300 Citizen’s Blvd., Leesburg, FL 34749, (352) 435-0566 Monday – Thursday (8:00a.m. – 5p.m.). If you do not need assistance, please visit the Florida Office of Early Learning's on-line registration system. You will need to provide a valid email address and you will need to upload a copy of your child’s birth certificate as well as your proof of Florida residency.
3. Register your child for Summer VPK. Contact the school where your child will be attending Kindergarten for registration dates and times. You will register for both Summer VPK and Kindergarten at this time. Your child will NOT be accepted into the summer VPK program without proof of registration for Kindergarten. Schools will not be announcing Kindergarten registration until April or May of 2020. Please contact the VPK Office (Jackie Atkinson or Molly Mancuso - see VPK Contacts tab for contact information) should you have any questions or concerns prior to this timeline.
4. Required Documentation:
Original Birth Certificate or a Certified Copy
Parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID or Voter Registration Card
Proof of Residency - any TWO of the following:
- Current Lease (additional documentation may be requested
- Bill of Sale or Deed for house with current physical address
- Homestead Exemption receipt with current physical address
- Utility deposit receipt with current physical address
- Utility bill with current physical address
5. Notification of Placement. A confirmation will be sent to the email address provided on the Summer VPK Site Selection Form at a date to be determined later confirming the placement of your child in Summer VPK. If you do not provide a valid email address, a letter will be mailed to your home address instead. Also included will be information regarding the start date, orientation details and class hours.
When you obtain your certificate of eligibility you must:
Deliver the Summer VPK Certificate of Eligibility and the Lake County Schools Summer VPK Site Selection Form to the school where your child will be attending Kindergarten.
The school must receive all certificates and the Summer VPK Site Selection Form in order to process the paperwork prior to your child attending the first day of the summer program.
The 2020 Summer VPK sites listing is not available at this time. We will be update the website at the same time as we update with the registration date. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.