2020 Summer VPK ENROLLING NOW!!
Lake County Public Schools will be hosting 2020 Summer VPK at Treadway Elementary School. See step #1 below for a direct link to the on-line registration application.
2020 Summer VPK Schedule
|Start Date:||Tuesday, June 30|
|End Date:||Friday, July 31|
This program will run Monday - Friday, there are no holidays built into the schedule. NOTE: Friday, July 31 will be a half day for students 7:45am - 12:15pm.
Below are a few notes to try to make the process go as smoothly as possible. If you have any concerns, be sure to read the notes before beginning the application process. Otherwise, if you are ready to begin the on-line 2020 Summer VPK Registration, please select the appropriate application below.
Is my child eligible for 2020 Summer VPK? Your child must have turned 4 years old either on or before September 1, 2019 and must not have used more than 53 hours during the 2019-2020 School Year VPK Program in order to be eligible to participate in the Summer VPK. All eligible children, per parent request, will be served in the Summer VPK program.
Summer VPK Registration Procedures:
1. Complete a Lake County Schools on-line 2020 Summer VPK Application.
2. Obtain a Summer VPK Certificate of Eligibility. These certificates are issued on-line only through the Office of Early Learning. Un-used vouchers for the regular school year program can NOT be used for Summer VPK. Should you need assistance or do not have access to a computer and scanner, you can obtain your voucher by visiting the Early Learning Coalition located at: 1300 Citizen’s Blvd., Leesburg, FL 34749, (352) 435-0566 Monday – Thursday (8:00a.m. – 5p.m.). If you do not need assistance, please visit the Florida Office of Early Learning's on-line registration system. You will need to provide a valid email address and you will need to upload a copy of your child’s birth certificate as well as your proof of Florida residency.
When you obtain your certificate of eligibility you must:
Email the Summer VPK Certificate of Eligibility to Molly Mancuso in the VPK Office at email@example.com or fax to (352) 241-4110.
3. Register your child for Summer VPK. Contact the school where your child will be attending Kindergarten for their registration procedures**. Your child will NOT be accepted into the summer VPK program without proof of registration for Kindergarten. Please contact the VPK Office (Jackie Atkinson or Molly Mancuso - see VPK Contacts tab for contact information) should you have any questions or concerns.
**If your student will be attending a private school for Kindergarten, you will need to contact Treadway Elementary so they can temporarily register your student while they attend the summer VPK program.
4. Required Documentation:
Original Birth Certificate or a Certified Copy
Parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID or Voter Registration Card
Proof of Residency - any TWO of the following:
- Current Lease (additional documentation may be requested
- Bill of Sale or Deed for house with current physical address
- Homestead Exemption receipt with current physical address
- Utility deposit receipt with current physical address
- Utility bill with current physical address
5. Notification of Placement. A confirmation will be sent to the email address provided on the 2020 Summer VPK Application confirming the placement of your child in Summer VPK. Also included in the email will be information regarding the start date, orientation details and class hours. If you do not provide a valid email address, a letter will be mailed to your home address instead.