Welcome to Mrs.Bottass's page!
I grew up in the Lake county area and currently reside in Leesburg. I graduated from Fort Hays State University with a degree in sociology. This is my first year as a teacher but have worked with Lake county schools for almost three years. I have been married for 18 years to my wonderful husband Dennis and we have three awesome children.
What I do:
As the Exceptional Education teacher for 2nd/3rd grades, I am in charge of ensuring that any child within the ESE program receives the services outlined in their IEP. This tends to vary on a daily basis, but some of the things that I will be doing include:
- Facilitating lesson taught by your child's teacher in anyway needed to empower each student to learn to their full potential.
- Ensuring that students understand directions and expectations.
- Providing additional instruction and academic help in a small group setting.
- Participating in IEP meetings by providing input on the students progress.
- Provide any testing accommodations outlined in the students IEPs.
A few of my favorite things:
- spending time with my family
- going to the beach and fishing
- chocolate (kit-kats)
- birds (as I have 4 :) cockatoo, 2 quakers green & albino, and a caique)
- helping students to strive to be the best they can be !!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org 352-365-6308 ext.7532