Workout for the Week of 9/10:
5 Deep Lunges
3 Deep Lunges to right and left sides
30-second Bear Crawl Hold
Repeat 3 Times
LHS Obstacle Course Racing (OCR) Club Info Sheet
What We Do: Weekly workouts, 3+ races per year on Saturdays at locations around central Florida (such as Mud Endeavor, Mud Titan, Terrain Race, etc). An obstacle course race is a distance race that includes obstacles such as walls, rope climbs, mud crawls, monkey bars, etc. Most races are the length of a 5K.
- Workouts will be weekly on Monday afternoons.
- If you miss the workout, we will text it out on Remind for you to do at home.
- Workouts are recommended, but not required to attend a race.
- Our Monday workouts will be circuit training. We recommend that you also work on running endurance on your own or in groups throughout the week, but the club won’t facilitate those extra sessions. Any 5k training program would be great (apps like Couch to 5K, Zombies Run, etc),
- OCR club is for all fitness levels, and we run as a team. We complete races together: no one gets left behind.
- You must be able to volunteer if you want to run the race - this is how we avoid registration fees (usually we volunteer in the morning and race around noon on the same day).
- There are no attendance requirements, but we must have 5 runners commit before we can sign up for a race.
- You must have a signed permission form to work out with the club, and each race will have its own waiver that must be signed. Students under 18 will need parent permission, and if the parent is not attending the race, the form may need to be notarized. If you forget your waiver or ID on race day, you will not be able to run with us.
- We represent LHS wherever we go, so we expect you to represent our school well with your behavior and attitude.
- Above all, our goal is to have fun, challenge ourselves, and get muddy!
Sponsor: Mr. Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Sponsor/Chaperone: Mrs. Gibson
Forms to Download:
OCR Club Participation Form (must be filled out and returned before a student may train or attend events!)