Ms. Genesi's Pre-K classDana GenesiPre-K Teacher
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year. I am looking forward to working with you and your child. Pre-Kindergarten is an exciting experience for children, parents and teachers. To make the transition from home to school an easy one for you and your child, here are some helpful hints:
- Please label all clothing, backpacks and lunchboxes, etc.
- If your child is ill, please keep them at home. They should be fever free for 24 hours. Send a note upon return to school.
- When dropping off your child, please send them in and say goodbye briefly. This makes for a smoother transition between home and school.
- Dress your child in play clothes. Pre-K is hands on and your child will get dirty.
- Check your child’s folder daily for notices and papers. You get to keep their work.
- A written note is required for any changes in how your child gets home.
- Please do not allow your child to bring personal toys from home.
- I am available for conferences before and after school hours. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. The school number is 742-2291 x 7934.
SUPPLY LIST - The Pre-K program will provide most of the school supplies your child will need through the year. However, there are a few items that will be needed.
- 1 full size backpack – no rolling ones (Please write child’s name on it.)
- 1 jacket or sweater to keep in their cubby. Sometimes our room is chilly.
- 1 change of clothes. (Shorts, shirt, socks and underwear with your child’s name in them.)
- Diapering supplies (diapers, wipes, if needed)
- 1 package of unscented baby wipes or a refill pack
- 1 box of tissues
- Blanket with their name on it for quiet time.
- 1 pack giant glue sticks
- 1 pair of headphones
- OPTIONAL but helpful…
- 1 box gallon size “Ziploc” baggies
- 1 package of plastic, paper or styrofoam cups
- 1 box quart size “Ziploc” baggies
- 1 ream of copy paper
- 1 package of paper plates any size
- 1 roll of paper towels
- YOUR CHILD DOES NOT NEED A NAP MAT