Finally we are back and the learning must begin. Your support will be greatly appreciated.PARENTS' TIPS1. Daily Work (blue plastic folder)
Daily work will be inside this folder. Please go over what your child have learned that day. Reflection on what they learned is important for their learning.2. Agenda
- Make sure that you check your child's work daily.
- It will be on the stay at home side of the folder. These papers will help especially with math homework.
3. Homework Folder (plastic blue)
- Your child will have a daily agenda. This agenda will let you know what the homework is for the day. It might include announcements for a special event and upcoming tests.
- Please check the agenda everyday and sign it. This is a requirement that shows responsibility and class participation.
4. Take Home Tote
Your child will have homework everyday except for Fridays.
Homework will include math (daily), spelling, reading or vocabulary.
Homework is in the form of a packet. It will go home on Mondays and it is required to be turned in completed on Friday. The agenda will be your guide as to what pages to do each day if you need it. Many parents have their kids in extra activities after school and this helps them plan for homework time.Math homework is daily. It needs to be turned in everyday no exceptions. Going over the Math homework is part of our daily work in class.
Homework is always a review of the material learned.
4. Test Folder "D" & "F" (red)
- A "Tote Bag" will be send home every Monday.
- A Level Reader book will be send home in the bag. It makes connections with the stories will be reading in class.
- They need to read this book everyday and be ready to take a test by Friday. (Test can be taken any day of the week as long as they are ready)
- All Totes need to be return on Friday and be ready to go home on Monday.
- Please remember that students need to meet every nine weeks reading requirements in order to receive their reading award at the end of the year.
- Reading Requirements: They to have to meet their point goals and 85% comprehension average each nine weeks.
If your child is absent please send in an excuse note!
Test folders will be sent home on Mondays with the previous week's scores.
Please sign any tests with a score of "D" or "F" and return them in the red folder. Keep all of the other tests home.
Please sign up with Skyward at www.lake.k12.fl.us and click on Family Access. You can also find the direct link at the bottom of our school's website.This will help you monitor your child's grades and any missing assignments.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child. Please call the school to set up a conference time or e-mail at email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!