Kelly Randall, AICP, Coordinator
201 West Burleigh Blvd
Tavares, FL 32778Main # (352) 253-6690Fax # (352) 253-6691Our Mission
It is the mission of the Growth Planning Department to plan for equitable facilities that support the educational needs of our students.The Growth Planning Department's responsibilities fall into three broad areas: Intergovernmental Coordination; School Attendance Boundaries, & Demographics; Real Estate.
a. Monitors all proposed residential developments in Lake County to determine whether adequate
- Implement school concurrency
capacity exists in our schools.b. Monitors school utilization, and LOS tables.
- Works with local governments to jointly plan our schools; looks for opportunities to co-locate public facilities.
- Coordinates Interlocal Agreements.
- Coordinates preparation of the Five Year Capital Plan.
- Conducts special planning studies and projects.
School Boundaries & Demographics
- Oversees the Advisory Boundary Committee (ABC) process of conducting public meetings, and formulating boundary recommendations to the Superintendent.
- Answers questions from parents and the general public regarding school assignments.
- Provides statistical analysis of demographic data.
- Prepares student population projections for long range planning.
- Prepares annual projections for input into school budget preparation.
- Operates the Planning Department's Geographic Information System (GIS).
Real Estate Services
- Land contract negotiations
School and facility site file maintenance of original deeds and title policies
F.I.S.H. (Florida Inventory of School Houses)
Educational Plant Survey
- New lease space negotiations
Survey, environmental and appraisal coordination at contract negotiations