HOMECOMING WEEK FESTIVITIES
HOMECOMING/SPIRIT WEEK - Monday September 10 - Saturday September 15th, 2018
· SPORTSMANSHIP POINTS - During Spirit Week, all classes should be encouraged to be “good sports”throughout the various competitions. We want to foster support of our SCHOOL SPIRIT, not INDIVIDUAL classes, not a negative attack on opponents. Points will be DEDUCTED from individual event totals if the administration determines that participants of a given class are behaving in a derogatory manner. A class who continuously exhibits extremely poor sportsmanship may be disqualified from the ENTIRE COMPETITION.
Bad Sportsmanship -10points
Extremely Poor Sportsmanship -20 points
Persistent Poor Sportsmanship Disqualification from entire
· DRESS-UP DAYS-The number of class members who “dress-up” for each of the spirit days will be counted. The class with the highest average number of students participating will earn the most points toward their team total.
Monday…… Meme Monday (dress as your favorite Meme)
Tuesday…… Decade Day (dress as your favorite decade)
Wednesday… Culture Day (dress as your favorite culture)
Thursday…… Class Colors
Freshmen – Yellow
Sophomores – Blue
Juniors – White
Seniors – Red and Silver (Fire and Ice)
Friday........ Crazy Orange and White Day
· HALLWAY DECORATIONS - Each class will be decorating a specific hallway with the class color and Homecoming theme after school on Wednesday, September 12, 2018l
· CARNIVAL- Clubs, sports teams, and Classes will be setting up carnival type games. Live music, food trucks, and other vendors will be in attendance. FFA will have their Haunted House ready to scare many. Wednesday, September 12th 5-8 pm at the football practice field (located next to the softball field).
· CLASS FLOATS- Each class will be building a float for the parade with an Hawaian Paradise theme
· HURRICANE HOWL -The Howl will take place on Thursday, September 13th at 1:40 pm in the GYM.
· HOMECOMING PARADE-Will be on Friday, September 14th at 1:45.
· HOMECOMING GAME- Friday @ 7pm vs. Trinity Catholic High School
· CROWNING of KING and QUEEN- The crowning for the King will be before the game @ 6:30pm and the crowning for the Queen will be @ halftime of the game.
· HOMECOMING DANCE - SATURDAY 9/15/18
8:00pm-11:00pm in the MDHS Gym. No admission to the Dance after 10:00pm! Tickets are sold during lunches for $20. All tickets are Non-Transferrable. No tickets will be sold at the door. Any guest attending the dance who does not attend MDHS must have an approved guest form and a photocopy of a picture ID submitted BEFORE the dance. You may pick up those forms during lunch.
- Dress for the dance is Casual/or SEMI-FORMAL ("Sunday Dress") The SGA would like for students to dress toward the theme of Hawaiian Paradise but must be in dress code.