Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a non-profit, local, district, state, regional, and national organization for all middle and high school students participating in business and business-related programs. in Florida, FBLA functions as an integral part of the instructional program of the business education program in secondary school.
This organization provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom instruction in business practices and procedures to leadership development activities and competitive event experiences. The purpose of this organization is to:
"...Provide, as an integral part of the instructional program, additional opportunities for secondary students (6-12) in business education to develop vocational and career supportive competencies and to promote civic and personal responsibility.
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of the Future Business Leaders of America; and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the Development of individual projects, which contribute to the improvement of home, business and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourager scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
FBLA District Contests
In February, the South Lake High School chapter of FBLA attended District Contest at Lake Sumter Community College: Leesburg Campus.