<---------------------------------Check out the links!Welcome to Mrs. Dunson's ClassTravel the World in 180 Days!2018-2019Check your child's P.A.S.S.P.O.R.T. binder daily for important news
- I enjoyed our long weekend. The next long weekend is after the kiddos are officially done with school. How can that be? Time has flown this year. We still have a few things to learn, but I am pretty sure their sweet heads are filled with knowledge from this year. In fact, I will be getting iReady results within the next several days that will show just how much they have grown. I'm pretty excited to share the results with you as soon as everyone is finished testing. It may take until next week to complete it.
- We will continue with our Wacky Wednesdays for the rest of the year. Some of the kiddos have worn their shirts backwards or mismatched socks. That is perfectly ok, but not required. These silly kiddos have an such a sense of humor.
- I sent home project pages for a biome project. The kiddos have chosen a biome they want to become an "expert" on. They can complete a project as they learn. The graded work will be completed in the classroom. We will be sharing finished projects the last week of school.
- If your kiddo has a summer birthday and would like to celebrate during the school year, please pick a date and let me know, so we can schedule.
- ***Our end of year celebration and awards ceremony is coming up. I'm looking at Monday, May 20 at 9:30. I know some families have students in other grades, so I am hoping this date/time will not conflict with your other children's parties.
Special note: Due to allergy concerns - if you are wanting to send in a birthday snack for your child this year, I will need two day's notice. I will arrange for snack for children with allergies. Snacks must be "store bought" and contain a list of ingredients. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- REPORT CARDS WILL NOT GO HOME WITH THE KIDDOS. **You must have a Family Access account in order to view report cards. If you need help with this, please let me know. Click the link to get started with the Family Access paperwork. Skyward Family Access
- If you haven't "liked" the Sorrento Elementary PTO Facebook page, now is a great time. They keep it updated with the latest news you can use.
- Every Friday is spirit day. If your child has a school shirt please wear it on Fridays. One Friday each month is One Pack Friday. On this day, students are encouraged to wear the new green shirt (not required). Teachers will also wear One Pack t-shirts on this day.
- I update this webpage by 8:00 pm on Sundays, except on holidays. Please check in every week to see the latest news, events, and classroom activities.
- Be sure to sign up for a Skyward parent access account, if you have not done so. It is the quickest way for you to see your child's grades as soon as they are entered. Simply go to Lake County School's main webpage and click "parents". There you will find the link for the Skyward portal.
- ***Check out our "What are we learning?" page on the side quicklinks. Each week, I will update this to give you peek into our classroom. Once a week look for the new "mystery" word. Ask your child what he/she knows about this word. (I sure hope they can tell you.) Informed parents have better prepared students. I love sharing information with you. (I usually update on Sunday evening.)
Last Modified on Sunday at 9:11 PM