WALKERHow can my child become a WALKER/EAST LAKE PARK?Please go to the office and complete a walker form.SCHOOL CALENDAR
When is spring break?
For the academic year 2018-2019, spring break week is March 15-March 22.
When is the last day of school?
· School year 2018-2019 will end on Thursday, May 24, 2018.
What time is dismissal?
· Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday it is 3:00 PM.
· On Wed. it is 2:00 PM.
What time does the tardy bell ring?
· Warning bell rings at 8:15 AM and the tardy bell rings at 8:30
· The student should be in the classroom seated and ready to work at 8:30
ATTENDANCE / TARDY INFORMATION
How do I sign my child out of school?
· Please go the Front office, show identification, and your child will be called to the front office.
· So that children do not miss out on valuable class time, we are unable to call children to the front office until their parent/guardian has arrived in the office to sign the student out.
· Students cannot be signed out of school after 2:30PM (1:30 PM on Wednesdays); they will need to wait until regular dismissal time. This is to ensure the campus remains as organized as possible as we guide over 750 students through the dismissal process.
What is a Pre-arranged Absence and how do I get one?
· Pre-arranged absence forms can be obtained from the Front Office or under forms on the web page. Complete the form if you know you are going to be out of town for any length of time and your child will miss school.
· You will need to fill out the form, return it to the Front Office at least 5 business days prior to the absence date.
· It will then be reviewed/approved by the teacher and principal.
What if my child has to miss school due to illness or appointments?
· If your child misses school due to illness, please write a note to the teacher explaining briefly why your child was absent.
· If they were out for an appointment, please get a doctor’s excuse from their office or show proof that you were there. It will be excused.
(For ELC Members) When do you start charging for late pick up?
· If the student is not picked up at 6:05pm, a $5 family fee is assessed.
· For every minute after 6:05pm, $1 a minute is charged.
How much is school lunch?
· Lunch will be FREE this year for all Lake County Students.
· You may send money in with your student to purchase extras such as ice cream, chips, cookies, etc.
How do I become a chaperone or volunteer?
· You must fill out a Volunteer Application online. Next, inform Mrs. Parker that you have completed the application.
· It will take 3-4 weeks for processing.
SCHOOL CAMPUS ACCESS
What must I do when I visit the campus?
· You will be guided to the Front Office where you can sign in with your driver’s license via our Raptor System.
· Once a member of the front office checks you in, place the name tag on your front shirt area, and you are ready to go!
How do I make a transportation change for my student?
· Please write a note to the teacher which includes:
o Teacher’s name
o Student’s full name
o car rider or bus rider and
o with whom (if bus, then the name of the bus and the stop)