Welcome to Ms. Karaba's 4th grade!I am so excited to have your student in my class this year! Together, we will learn mutiplication, division, fractions, and other higher-level math skills; develop into strong, critical readers; learn to think and explore like scientists; and learn about all of the wonderful geography and history in Florida.Homework and weekly tests
- On many school nights, there will be one piece of math and one piece of reading homework. Students will also often be offered opportunities to complete work in class if they are otherwise caught up.
- If any one homework assignment is taking your child more than 30 minutes to complete, they probably are confused. Stop the torture! Students should practice skills they need to refine, not stress themselves over something they are totally lost on.
- Reading will typically be assessed on a weekly basis: one vocabulary and comprehension test on a story read and discussed in class, one A.R. test on a small leveled reader, and one cold read comprehension skill test, such as compare and contrast or main idea.
I have 5 simple rules that the students practice every morning (ask them to show you, it's fun!)
You can always reach me at email@example.com or 352.751.0111, and I am happy to set up conferences or phone calls to discuss any concerns or comments.Thanks!
- Follow directions quickly
- Raise your hand for permission to speak
- Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat
- Make smart choices
- Keep your dear teacher happy! :)
Last Modified on November 28, 2015