Fruitland Park Elementary will be a uniform school
Dress Code Policy & Consequences
Fruitland Park Elementary School adheres to a strict dress code for our faculty and students. Dress affects student attitude and the learning environment of others and we expect FPES students to dress for success. The established dress code encourages a feeling of belonging and team spirit as well as pride in good grooming and appearance. Additionally, it ensures the safety and well-being of all students and promotes a positive learning environment.
Acceptable uniform clothing includes the following:
- Knit polo style, collared and un-collared shirts, t-shirts or turtlenecks in solid colors
- Official Fruitland Park T-shirts and sweatshirts, JAG, and other Lake County Schools paraphernalia
**Please note that tucked in shirttails are preferred.Bottoms:
- Shorts, pants, skirts, skorts, jumpers & culottes in one solid color
- White, Navy, Black or Khaki (no sweats, knit, velour, or denim material/fabric)
- Jeans may be worn on Fridays as we celebrate "Spirit Day". Belts are preferred but optional.
- Solid colors in white, navy, black and khaki
Cold Weather Outerwear: Warmth and health of the students is most important; therefore, when temperatures fall below 50 degrees, jeans are acceptable.
- Tennis shoes or shoes with an enclosed heel are preferred. Sandals must have a heel strap.