Lake County Schools Teen
The Teen Parent program is a voluntary student support and assistance program designed to provide a specialized parenting curriculum and coordination of ancillary services to meet the needs of students who are pregnant and students who are mothers or fathers.
Students may earn .50 credit in each of the following courses:
Parenting IParenting IIParenting Skills
The curriculum includes instruction in such topics as prenatal health, labor and delivery, postnatal health, the benefits of sexual abstinence, and the consequences of repeat pregnancies. Parenting skills include instruction in the stages of child growth and development, methods for aiding in the intellectual, language, physical and social development of children, and guidance on constructive play activities.
Teen Parent Teachers:
· Help students cope with being pregnant and becoming a parent.
· Encourage and support academic achievement and school attendance.
· Help coordinate social and health services for family.
· Coordinate transportation and day care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
· Deliver the parenting curriculum.Please contact me for further information:
Mrs. Anna Oliphant
Teen Parent Resource Teacher
LCS Cell: 352-551-0434