Welcome to our class website for the 2017 - 2018 school year!
I have been working in education for approximately thirteen years with the last 5 being in public education. I am a graduate of St. Leo University & Argosy University.
It is very important that we work together to accomplish the student's individual goals. Please feel free to contact me by email or by calling the school if you have any questions, concerns, or information that you feel is important for me to know. I will be in contact with you at least 1 time per month just to touch base and see how everything is going.
We will have snacks on a daily basis however I do ask that those snacks not be "junk food" in nature. Please select a healthy snack for your child. Soda and candy will not be allowed in the class. I will send home a list of allergies for our class as soon as I have all the details at that time, if you wish to donate a snack for the entire class, please feel free to do such. It is my intent to make our classroom a safe environment not only for learning and growing, but also with food & drinks.
August 10, 2017 - First day of school
September 4, 2017 - Labor Day (No School)
November 20 - 24, 2017 - Thanksgiving break (possible storm make up)
December 21 - January 4, 2018 - Winter break
Students will be required to complete homework each night except Friday.
3rd grade will have approximately 30 minutes per night.
4th grade will have approximately 30 - 40 minutes per night.
5th grade will have approximately 40 - 50 minutes per night.
20 minutes of that time should be focused on reading. The balance of that time will be focused on a particular subject such as math, science, social studies, or language arts. If homework becomes a concern, please contact me.
Homework will be due the day after it is assigned. It will also be tracked and used in your child earning rewards.
1. Students are expected to arrive at school on time and ready to learn.
2. Students & adults are expected to be respectful to anyone they encounter on our campus.
3. Work is to be completed to the best of the child's ability. I will be pushing your child academically this year so please expect to see weekly feedback from me regarding academic concerns, grades, etc.
4. Please sign and return any paperwork or agenda's that are sent home in a timely manner.
5. I will respond to your request for information, calls, or emails within 24 hours of receiving the information. If I do not return a call or email, please feel free to contact me again but this should be a rare situation such as if I am out.
6. Communication is essential. Please communicate with me when you have questions or concerns.
Please watch this site for updated information throughout the year regarding important dates, homework, and events. This is a way for me to communicate with you in regards to general information. Important dates will be updated as more dates & events are scheduled.
I look forward to a great year. See you soon!