Welcome to Ms. Dale's English II and English II Honors class! I'm excited you're here.
Materials (Due August 20th, 2018):
- Interactive Notebook (INB)
- Spiral college ruled, 3 subject
- Dimensions: 11 inches x 9 inches
- Brands accepted: Office depot Stellar or Five Star (must be a durable poly-cover)
- loose leaf paper (college-ruled)
- hi-lighters (Multicolored pack)
- various pencils & pens (blue and black only)
- index cards (1 pack)
- Copy paper (1 ream)
Purchase The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. We wil conduct a novel study throughout the first and second quarter.
Note to all parents:
English II/English II Honors prepares students to take and pass the FSA 10. This assessment, which will be administered in March/April 2019, is a graduation requirement. To prepare for this assessment, students should come to class every day if possible. Each student should come prepared to complete work. Students are responsible to complete all homework/assignments in a timely manner.
Also, encourage your children to read a book once a month. This should be a book of your child's choosing; however, it should meet grade-level expectations for lexile and complexity. Visit your local library for popular books for teens.