Treadway Elementary SchoolWelcome To Mrs. Ruddick's Class!
Dear Treadway Families,
Welcome back to another exciting year at Treadway Elementary! My name is Amy Ruddick, and I am excited to be your child’s teacher this year. I recently moved to Lake County from Gainesville, Florida, where I taught First Grade for 3 years. I am thrilled to join the Treadway family and get to know all of your children!
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois and I graduated from Olivet Nazarene University in 2014 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and several middle school endorsements. Afterwards, I moved to Florida and have loved living in the sunshine state ever since!
Outside of school, I enjoy spending time outdoors, going to Disney World, and spending time in the water. I also love to share these experiences as well as my experiences growing up in another state with my students, as well as getting to know them!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 352-742-2291.
I look forward to a wonderful year!
BreakfastBreakfast will be served in the cafeteria from 8:00am-8:25am. Breakfast is free to all students this year.LunchWe eat lunch every day from 11:14-11:24. If you want to eat lunch with your child, you will need to come to the office, and your child will come up to the office to meet you so you can eat with him/her in the front eating area.Lunch is free for all students this year.
8:25-8:35 Home room
8:35-11:14 Reading/Language Arts
2:30-3:00 Social Studies/Writing
3:00 (2:00-Wednesdays) Dismissal
Mrs. Ruddick’s Classroom Rules and Behavior Plan
- Follow directions quickly.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
- Make smart choices.
- Keep your dear teacher happy!
In our classroom, we use a color coded clip chart to show how we are working hard and following the rules. Students may move up and down the chart depending on their behavior. If a student moves their color down, they have the opportunity throughout the day to move it back up. If they end on blue, purple, or pink, they have the opportunity to earn “stars” that can be cashed in for a variety of classroom rewards.
Pink: Off the chart behavior!
- Students who go above and beyond expectations throughout the day have the chance to move to pink. If they move to pink, they will receive a gem on their clip and two stars on their star card. I will also contact parents.
Purple: Above and beyond
- Student is going above and beyond expectations in the classroom. Student will receive two stars on their star card if they end the day on purple.
Blue: Ready to Learn
- Students begin each day on this color.
- Students will receive one star on their star card.
Green: Verbal Warning
- Student is reminded of rules/expectations
Yellow: Slow Down
- Student is moved away from peers for 5 to 10 minutes.
Orange: Parent Contact
- Student is placed in a “cool down” spot or in another classroom.
- During the 10 minute “cool down” period the student will complete a Think Sheet to take home and have signed.
- The teacher will contact the student’s parent/guardian.
Red: Teacher’s Choice
- Depending on the behavior and reason for going to red, an infraction report may need to be filled out.
- The consequence will depend on the behavior. For example, if a child moves their color to red for name calling, they would need to write an apology letter. The parent/guardian is contacted.
If you would like to volunteer, and/or go to our field trip with the class, you will need to fill out a volunteer form. You can find the forms online at www.lake.k12.fl.us. Exact instructions will be in the folder.IMPORTANT REMINDERS:* Please remember to send a snack for your child daily!!* Please put the snack in your child's backpack. If your child brings his/her lunch from home, please keep the snack in their backpack separate from their lunch.* Please check your child's folder daily. Important information goes home frequently.
* Please initial each day on the behavior calendar stating that you looked through your child's folder.
* Please make sure to place any notes/money in your child's folder. Please place all money into an envelope or bag with the students name and what the money is for.* If you want to volunteer, you MUST fill out a volunteer form on the county website. After you have filled it out, email Serita Morgan at MorganS@lake.k12.fl.us.