The Parent Resources page gives information to assist parents. When our department receives pertinent information, the Prevention Programs and Alternative Education Department will add links under the Parent Resources section.
NOTE: Links on this page are to an outside website and are not overseen by Lake County Schools.
Prevention Treatment Information - Please visit www.befreelake.org and locate the Behavioral Health Resource Guide.
Safe, Smart & Social - Safe, Smart & Social is a Web site that provides parents with valuable social media information regarding digital safety for teens and tweens. Below are two areas of the site that are relevant for parents:
- The Popular App Guide for Parents and Teachers goes into detail about the apps used by teens and tweens who have or use a smart phone or tablet that enables users to launch apps. The guide categorizes the safety of apps using a Green, Grey, or Red Zone description.
- Green Zone - These apps review what Safe, Smart & Social consider to be safe for teens and tweens.
- Grey Zone - These apps reveal what Safe, Smart & Social says can be good (and bad) for teens and tweens.
- Red Zone - These apps are what Safe, Smart & Social consider the anonymous apps and are considered NOT to be safe for teens and tweens.
To view the Popular App Guide for Parents and Teachers, click on the picture below: (Note: Clicking the picture will take you directly to the Safe, Smart & Social web site.)
- The Safe, Smart & Social Web site has a variety of digital teen safety tips article/blogs. The article/blog titles listed below are just a few of the articles/blogs Safe, Smart & Social provide for parents. To view additional topics that may be of interest to you, please visit their site at Safe, Smart & Social.)