The School Board meets for Regular Meetings on the second and fourth Monday of each month, unless otherwise noted. For all information on School Board Workshops, Special Meetings, Public Hearings and Regular Meetings dates, times and locations, please view on the District Website Calendar. For any questions, please contact the Board Clerk at 352-253-6513 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law, all meetings are open to the public, except Executive Sessions.
- The latest meeting may be viewed below:
- Previous meetings may be viewed by clicking on the playlist button in the top right corner of the video player above, or on YouTube by clicking HERE.
- Meetings held in the Commission Chambers of the Lake County Administration Building may be viewed via THIS LINK.
- In addition to Regular Meetings, the School Board holds Workshop sessions to discuss issues and these sessions are open to the public and typically held in the Board Room of the Lake County School District, 201 West Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, Florida and in accordance with CDC guidelines, unless otherwise noted. The Workshops are aired live through our YouTube Channel and may be viewed afterwards there as well. There is no formal action taken at these sessions.
- Special Meetings are held at the discretion of the Superintendent and School Board and are open to the public and formal action is taken. Special Meetings are currently held at the Lake County School District, 201 West Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, Florida and in accordance with CDC guidelines, or held at the Commission Chambers of the Lake County Administration Bldg., 315 W. Main St., Tavares, FL, unless otherwise noted. The Special Meetings are aired live through the link at the top of this page.
- The School Board may also schedule Public Hearings as needed and these are open to the public and allow for public participation on a particular issue before the School Board takes formal action.
- All Regular Meeting, Workshop, Special Meeting and Public Hearing notices are published in the Daily Commercial and posted in the lobby of the Lake County School District Office, 201 West Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, Florida.
- The public may view the agendas for any meeting by clicking on the BoardDocs tab located to the left side of this page. By entering the site and clicking on the meeting, there is also a link to the meeting video as well as all pertinent information to the items on the agenda.
- Anyone wishing to address the School Board in person, on a particular issue may attend a meeting or workshop and fill out a public input card located at the entrance to the Board meeting room and submit to the Board Clerk before the start of the meeting. Speakers will be given 3 minutes to address the Board during the beginning of the Meeting or Workshop.
- Please contact Natalie Challenger, Clerk to the Board, at 352-253-6513 or email: email@example.com with any questions.