Amy Cockcroft, DirectorPara Pro TestingSharon Gomez, Fiscal Assistant(352)-253-6897Para Pro Testing:To register for the ParaPro test, please email LRCRegistration@lake.k12.fl.us . Type “ParaPro Testing” in the subject. Please include your name, contact information, school (if known), and testing date and time you wish to attend. You will receive a conformation email within 48 hours.
Testing Dates: (please arrive by 8:45am)
July 20, 2017
August 24, 2017
September 28, 2017
November 2, 2017
December 7, 2017
January 11, 2018
February 15, 2018
March 29, 2018
May 3, 2018
June 7, 2018
July 12, 2018
Downloadable Study guide: ParaPro Assessment (Praxis Study Companion)(Read online, or download and print)
For general information for the ParaPro assessment, please contact: Dori Dunbar, Records SpecialistSharon GomezLearning Resource Center510 South Palm AveHowey-in-the Hills, FL 34737352-253-6897To learn more about the assessment, and read some test questions and answers, go to www.ets.orgThe study guide is entitled:ParaPro Assessment Study Guide, Test Codes 0755 and 1755Practice & Review, The Praxis SeriesApplicants who are district employees may request a study guide from our office. We have a limited supply and lend out on an as-available basis. The study guides must be returned on the day of testing at the test location (see below) or to Sharon Gomez at the Learning Resource Center. The study guides may also be purchased online at the following sites. Prices vary $15 - $35.www.ets.org Educational Testing Service 609-921-9000
Para-to-Teacher Support ProgramAttention: There is a special program for Para Professionals who wish to obtain a degree in Teaching with tuition support.
- Please register for the test in advance as space is limited. Please call to cancel if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Cost is $55 on credit card only. Parapro Testing can only be paid with Credit Card:NO DEBIT Cards Or Prepaid Cards. Pay at time of exam.
- Photo ID (example: driver's license) is required.
- Retakes are $55 each time.
- Passing “scaled” score is 464 out of 480 points. Three areas are tested: Reading, Math & Writing with 30 questions in each area.
- Applicants will receive an “unofficial” score on the day of exam that may be used for school interviews. Applicants who do not pass may retake the test in 30 days.
- The “official” score report is mailed directly from ETS to the applicant within a few weeks.
- Replacement cost for a lost report is $55 and can be obtained through the Educational Testing Service.
- Exam is administered by Educational Testing Service online and is in English only.
- Lake County is not designated as a paper/pencil testing site. If you are interested in taking the paper/pencil test, please contact Marion or Osceola school districts for further information.
- Exam location is at the Learning Resource Center (address is above).
- Assessment dates are scheduled by LCS Professional Development Department as needed.
The Para-to-Teacher Support Program provides financial assistance for paraprofessionals who are currently working in Florida’s public schools, to earn a bachelor’s degree in special education, deaf education, or visual disabilities. The program will provide up to $700 per course for tuition support through annual funding from the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services. Upon completion of the program, the participant agrees to teach students with disabilities in a Florida public school.
In order to be accepted into the Para-to-Teacher Support Program, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- earned at least an Associate of Arts degree with an overall 2.5 GPA
- be admitted to a state approved university or college
- currently be employed as a paraprofessional in a Florida public school and assisting students with disabilities
Applicants must submit a complete application to the state Para-to-Teacher Project Director. Additionally, the participant must pass all portions of the General Knowledge Test by the end of the first semester of admittance to the program (unless otherwise specified by the participating institution of higher education).For more information please click on the link: Para-to-Teacher Tuition Support Program