Groveland community collects donations for students in need
This is the first year for uniforms at Groveland Elementary. Donations of pants, shorts and skorts in khaki, navy blue or black along with solid polo shirts in navy blue, light blue, white, red, pink or hunter green are requested for the elementary students. Polo shirts must have a collar and 2-3 buttons.
Donations of three-inch three-ring binders, multi-color dry erase markers and nonperishable healthy foods are requested for South Lake High School students in the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program.
Collection bins will be available through Sept. 18 in the following locations:
- Zion Lutheran Church, 547 S. Mai n Ave., Groveland, Sundays from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- South Lake High School, 15600 Silver Eagle Road, Groveland, during school hours. Checks may also be mailed to the school and sent to the attention of Robert McCue, principal. Make checks out to South Lake High School with AVID in the memo line.
- Groveland Historical Museum, 243 S. Lake Ave., Groveland, Saturdays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Groveland City Hall, 156 South Lake Ave., Groveland, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Groveland Police Department, 407 W. Orange Street, Groveland, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Groveland Fire Station 94 (drop off on west side of building), 193 Cherry Valley Trail, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- ACE Hardware, 1007 Highway 50, Groveland FL during store hours.