Habitat for Humanity Partnership
Leesburg High School and Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, Florida are excited to announce a partnership within the LHS construction program. Select LHS students participating in the construction program will gain firsthand construction skills throughout the 2019-2020 school year by participating on a Habitat for Humanity job site. This is the first home being built through this partnership. Home construction will begin in August and will be located in Leesburg.
Habitat for Humanity is seeking qualified candidates for the Home Ownership program and will be opening the application portal from June 10th -16th to find a qualified homeowner for the Leesburg home. Below is the link to the application portal, as well as information about the program. For questions about the Home Ownership program contact Samantha at 352-483-0434.
Where to Apply: https://habitatls.org/programs/home-ownership/qualifications/
When to Apply: June 10th-16th
About the Program:
Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter’s Homeownership Program offers access and opportunity to affordable housing for low to moderate income families. Once accepted into the program and approved for an affordable mortgage, families may be eligible for principle reduction, down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
About the Home:
A three bedroom, two bath home will be built on a currently vacant lot located on North 12th St. in Leesburg.
- Must be a resident (or employed in) Lake or Sumter County for six-month minimum
- Must not have any felony convictions (or pending charges) and must not be a sexual offender
- Must be willing to partner for up to 12 months with HFHLS
- Must demonstrate a need for program
- Must be at or below 80% AMI
- Must fall between income limits below:
1 Person Family – $14,600 – $38,850
2 Person Family – $16,910 – $44,400
3 Person Family – $21,330 – $49,950
4 Person Family – $25,750 – $55,500
- Credit matters – target score of 640
- Must have verifiable income and qualify for an affordable mortgage